Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Flood in the Sunroom

Back in March, I put two heaters into the sunroom. The plan was to keep the heaters in the basement, so that they could be shut down, when we were not using the sunroom. If the heaters were in the basement they would not freeze. In the picture below, the heater can be seen in the baseboard, and the heater is installed in the basement, with a vent open into the sunroom.

Yesterday at work, I got a call from Linda, There was water running across the sunroom, and pouring into the basement. I directed he to some valves to shut off the water and came home.
I removed the heater, and found the leak.

The heater had burst a pipe in the heating coil. It must have gotten too cold in the sunroom, and the basement wasn't warm enough to keep it from freezing.

I'm not sure what the next step will be, replace the heater, or replace the heater with a normal baseboard heater. I think we will need to have some heat in the sunroom in the winter.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home