Thursday, April 19, 2007

What's up dock?

Last night I spend a little time in the Lunenburg town hall. I was at my hearing with the conservation commission for the installation of a dock. The way this process works is a little amazing. First I met with the building inspector, to see what kind of approvals I needed to install a dock. The building inspector sent me to talk to the conservation commission secretary. The secretary had me talk to the technical consultant for the conservation commission. The technical consultant helped me fill out a 'Request for Determination of Applicability' form. The RDA form, documents the dock that I want to install. The consultant recommended a floating or removable dock. Then back to the secretary to submit the form, hand over a $40.00 check for advertising, a $25.00 check for the application fee, and send a copy of the form to the state. The secretary then scheduled my hearing date. At the hearing I had to explain that I wanted to install a temporary doc into Lake Whalom. The conservation commission reviewed all of my paperwork, and decided that what I had proposed was not an impact to the wetlands and I could install a dock with out additional conservation commission involvement. I received a negative determination of applicability.

Now off to find a dock.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

Wow, sounds lucky that we'll have this ready in time for a swim once the weather warms up. Looking forward to it!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home