Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Stool Project.

We purchased two camel saddle bags last February. I had planned on building stools for the bags, but I haven't had time. This weekend I finally got around to building a prototype of the stool out of scrap pine. The final stools will be made of white oak. I needed to build a prototype, because I can't tell if I like the shape and size unless I see it full size. In this picture, I have the prototype stool next to the craftsman foot stool that I'm using as a model. Orignally the prototype was larger than it is in the picture, I have cut 1.5 inches off of the bottom of the stool and 5 inches off of the width. The stool still looks a little big, so I am going to make the vertical posts in the corners smaller, and I think I will still make it shorter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home